How is Cardiotocography (CTG) Help in a Legal Process
What is Cardiotocography (CTG)?
Cardiotocography is a device used in the medical unit, which measures a baby’s heartbeat. it, also helps medical staff to monitor the contraction in the womb. It can be used both before the birth of a child and during labor to see if the baby has any signs of problems. With the help of this CTG, the doctors monitor the heartbeat of the baby and can understand how the baby is coping with the situation.
What happens in CTG?
CTG can be done both externally and internally.
- External monitoring: Cardiotocography (CTG) is very commonly done externally. In this case, the device is placed on the belly of the mother to hear the baby’s heartbeat. An elastic belt is the toes around the tummy of the mother. It has two plates, which contact with the skin. The midwife put some jelly on the tummy to get the stronger signals. One of the plates assesses the heartbeat and the other the pressure on the tummy. CTG is connected to a machine, which reads the signal coming from the plates.
- Internal monitoring: it is not very much used, but if external monitoring does not work, then doctors use internal monitoring. For this method a small device is called an electrode is inserted through the vagina of the mother and attached to the baby's scalp. This device records the heart rate of the baby. If your baby suffered a birth injury, contact a philadelphia birth injury lawyer today for a free consultation!
Uses of CTG
In low-risk delivery, CTG is not usually needed. Nurses and doctors will monitor the mother and baby periodically. However, if the case is serious then continuous monitoring with CTG is important. Some cases, which include continuous CTG monitoring, are:
- When a mother has high blood pressure
- Expecting premature delivery
- Having high temperature during labor
- Expecting more than one baby
- The baby opens its bowels
- The baby is in an unusual position.
How Does CTG Work?
CTG uses ultrasound waves to detect a baby’s heart rate. Ultrasound is a high-frequency sound that cannot be heard but can be sent out and detected by some special machines. These types of a sound easily pass through soft and fluid tissue. However, it bounces back when hit by the sold surface. In CTG, monitoring a special type of ultrasound is used. It is called Doppler which is used to measure structure that is in motion like a baby in a mother’s womb and making it useful for rate monitoring.
How Does CTG Help Our Best Lawyers?
Electrol fetal monitoring is the most recommended for fetal surveillance.CTG forms the main part of intrapartum care in high-risk pregnancies. These devices are the most common in most modern labor wards. Some people always question its efficiency and controversy regarding its uses increase day by day. However, nonetheless, it is one of the most dominant methods for intrapartum fetal monitoring.
CTG is almost being sensitive towards abnormality of a baby’s heart rate. It sometimes was not able to detect fetal hypoxia. Therefore, it is necessary that we must to do confirmatory tests like fetal scalp blood sampling, or fetal analysis ECG.
But sometimes there occurs some medical error which causes the fetal to lose his life or face abnormality throughout his life. The intrapartum CTG traces form a central piece of documentation evidence during filing any litigation. Our lawyers will collect the evidence from the medical department and file the case against the authority. The document which is prepared by our lawyers will include adverse perinatal outcomes which arise due to events that took place in labor or delivery of the baby.
Sometimes clients, who are handled by our top lawyers list file litigation against the authority not for only the recovery of the cost or the compensation determined by injury, loss, pain, or future care of mentally unstable children from the authority. But the parents want to know what was the cause behind it and expect that the health staff should be accountable for the deed.
Our top lawyers have gone through many medico-legal cases. They found that they have some similar attributes like inability to interpret Fetal heart rate trace, inappropriate action taken by the medical staff while handling critical pregnancy cases, technical disputes during monitoring, and misreading of health records of the patient.
AREAS OF LAW
We offer a Broad Range Of Services
I want to thanks all the members of this firm who help me to won my complicated case.
Thanks for the support & highly recommended their best solicitors for understanding.Thank you so much for everything.